Safety Leadership Award
The TrackSAFE NZ Award for Safety Leadership was established in 2016 to recognise significant leadership in railway safety in New Zealand.
This annual award is designed to reward individuals involved in the New Zealand rail industry and is open to all individuals who are eligible to work in New Zealand.
- Applicants will be selected based on their contribution to safety through any of the following:
- A sustained contribution to railway safety over a significant period such that it positively influences rail safety in New Zealand.
- Exceptional measurable improvement in safety within an organisation.
- Leadership in promoting and encouraging safety values across New Zealand’s rail industry.
- Significant leadership of safety for a railway project, activity or major event.
- Contribution of a safety innovation which has resulted in a sustainable rail safety improvement.
The summary should include the key factors that have contributed towards demonstrating how the nominee meets the selection criteria.
Nominations can occur at any time.
The award will be given annually.
Nominations should be submitted by 30 June 2022.
The judging panel will comprise the Board of Directors of TrackSAFE NZ or their nominees. Prior to the award, the judges will verify the nominee’s eligibility and their acceptance of the terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Nomination for this award is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The judges undertake to observe the confidentiality of entries and to declare or avoid any possible conflict of interest.
- The judges reserve the right not to make an award where, in the judges’ opinion, no entry of adequate standard has been received.
- Judges may, in exceptional circumstances, award more than one award per year.
- The judges may choose to make an award at a time which does not coincide with the NZ Rail Conference.