TrackSAFE Foundation New Zealand (TrackSAFE) recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. When dealing with personal information we comply with the Privacy Act 1993.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
You agree that your use of our website, or any account, product or service provided by us, indicates acceptance of this Policy and you authorise us to collect, use and share your personal information as outlined in this policy.
We will only collect personal information that is connected to a function or activity we carry out, and only where the collection of that information is necessary for that function or activity. We collect information about you for the purposes listed below.
It is important we keep our information about you up-to-date. To do that we need your help. Please tell us as soon as possible if your contact details or other information you have given us has changed.
If you do not provide personal information that we have requested, you may not be able to obtain or access the services for which the personal information is required.
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related account and service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call, email or postal), and during our relationship with you;
- Third parties (only when you have authorised this) or the information is publicly available.
Where possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
We will collect and use your personal information legally and fairly, and for the following purposes:
- Managing your relationship with us;
- For sending you TrackSAFE publications and invitations to presentations and functions;
- To improve the services that we provide to you;
- To respond to communications from you;
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act;
- To comply with any laws in New Zealand or overseas applying to us.
You have the right to access your personal information. You have the right to correct any personal information that is wrong.
You can access or correct your personal information by calling 04 498 2010 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Any business that supports our accounts, services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the database, website, disaster recovery services or other services and products
- Organisations conducting market research, data processing and statistical analysis for us;
- Our assignees or potential assignees;
- Anyone that we need to contact to carry out your instructions to us;
- Upon receipt of a request by a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- Upon receipt of a request by any other person or body authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- Any person or body where legislation requires us to disclose your personal information;
- Any other person authorised by you.
After your relationship with us ceases we will no longer use your personal information unless authorised to by you, or required to by law.
Email communications from us
We may email you our newsletter or to invite you to presentations that we are hosting. If you do not wish to receive these emails, please let us know. You may opt out of receiving emails from us at any time. You can do this by contacting us by email phone or using the ‘unsubscribe’ feature in any of our newsletters.
Unless otherwise shown, we own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the material on this website. The material on this site is subject to copyright except where it is otherwise noted.
We take security precautions to protect personal information submitted on our website against loss and unauthorised access or disclosure. We also protect your information offline. The computers/servers in which we store personal information are kept in a secure environment.
This website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. Please be aware that these links are for your convenience only and that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.